Thread Number: 69990  /  Tag: Vintage Dryers
Need a reducing pulley or bushing
[Down to Last]'s exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 929106   3/26/2017 at 18:36 (453 days old) by frogkid11 (Richmond, Va)        

I have the "spoke" Reducing Pulley on my DE806 Maytag and it has a separate bushing that goes on the shaft. I can't find any parts diagram that shows the part number of this bushing. All of them seem to have a solid "panel" pulley and they seem to have the bushing built-in. I can't even find a pulley to replace it that would have the bushing already in it. Even so, the prices I see are about $100 or so. I have pieces of the bushing, where wore and broke apart (pictures attached).

Post# 929139 , Reply# 1   3/26/2017 at 21:30 (453 days old) by combo52 (Beltsville,Md)        
HOH Dryer Reduction Pulley

combo52's profile picture

MT used both stamped [ solid disk ] steel pulleys and cast pot metal spoked pulleys for these dryers. Both are completely interchangeable, the bushings were never available separately you just replaced the complete pulley. You can either take your old pulley to a machinist and see if they can make a new bushing and repair it at reasonable cost or look for a good used pulley.


We have good used pulleys with the shaft that we sell to non-upgraded members for $50 plus shipping or you can pick it up.

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

The Discuss-o-Mat has stopped, buzzer is sounding!!!
If you would like to reply to this thread please log-in...

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy