Thread Number: 52245
GE Filter-Flo free to good home (Not working/parts) in SW Chicago suburbs
|[Down to Last]|
|Post# 746073   3/29/2014 at 14:46 (2,159 days old) by Feren ()  || |
I have a GE Filter-Flo washing machine that is free to a good home for parting out, rebuilding or whatever. I figured I would offer it to this community first rather than putting it out at the curb for the scrap metal guys to grab up. Here's what I know about it:
* It's either a 1977 or a 1989, based on the serial number. Probably 1989 if I had to guess.
* It does not run at this time.
* It spent a long time running unbalanced.
* An older gent in the repair business evaluated it and told me "the motor is heating up and can't get out of the start windings. That or the run windings are not working after getting out of start."
* He didn't speak to the condition of the clutch or transmission.
* The console is a match to the URL link, if that helps identify the age.
* The minibasket is missing.
I'm not looking to sell it, I just would like to have it taken away by somebody in this community who can appreciate or use it.
I'm in the Southwestern Chicago suburbs, near I-55 and IL-53. If you're interested, please contact me via email to FEREN@BLACK-PANTHER.US to arrange pickup details. I'm going to leave this listing up until the washer is taken or until April 26th, 2014, whichever comes first.
Thanks for looking!
CLICK HERE TO GO TO Feren's LINK
|Post# 746074 , Reply# 1   3/29/2014 at 14:48 (2,159 days old) by Feren ()  || |
This post has been removed by the member who posted it.