Thread Number: 73812  /  Tag: Recipes, Cooking Accessories
My Mom had one of these, what are they called?
[Down to Last]'s exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 975047   12/22/2017 at 19:11 (300 days old) by scoots (Chattanooga TN)        

scoots's profile picture
15 years ago, I was helping my Mom clean the kitchen and I came across something I'd never seen before. It was a circular cloth with nested compartments like a honeycomb. She said it was for holding muffins and keeping them warm. Hers was/is identical to the attached photo.

I have it now, and I'm curious. Does it have a name? What years were they popular? Are they intended to sit in a wicker basket for insulation and to keep them off the table?

Thanks for the input.

  View Full Size

Post# 975461 , Reply# 1   12/25/2017 at 16:14 (297 days old) by Tomturbomatic (Beltsville, MD)        

I would bet that the last part of the name involved the world "cozy."

Post# 975738 , Reply# 2   12/27/2017 at 11:57 (296 days old) by jkbff (Happy Rock, ND)        

jkbff's profile picture
Google says Dinner Roll Cozy, Dinner Roll Holder, Cloth Muffin Holder etc.

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

The Discuss-o-Mat has stopped, buzzer is sounding!!!
If you would like to reply to this thread please log-in...

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy