Thread Number: 74507  /  Tag: Recipes, Cooking Accessories
What kind of cooktop is this?
[Down to Last]'s exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 983139   2/17/2018 at 13:16 (215 days old) by fan-of-fans (Florida)        

fan-of-fans's profile picture
Saw this online. Weird how it has a solid element warmer? burner in the center. It kind of looks GE from the shape of the front control panel.

  View Full Size

Post# 983156 , Reply# 1   2/17/2018 at 15:57 (215 days old) by funktionalart (Phoenix, AZ)        

funktionalart's profile picture
I've seen these in Person, too. If I recall, the one in your pic is GE, with side mounted cartridge electrical connections vs. end mounted ones on the Similar JennAirs of that vintage. Not positive, but I *think* Whirlpool and Thermador also had something very like this, too. If I'm completely wrong, sure as heck I'll be corrected by someone here very soon!

Post# 983183 , Reply# 2   2/17/2018 at 19:35 (215 days old) by Tomturbomatic (Beltsville, MD)        

Maybe made by Modern Maid? It looks sort of hermaphroditic with extra parts and Modern Maid put together cooktops for GE with extra parts like griddles and such.

Post# 983186 , Reply# 3   2/17/2018 at 19:41 (215 days old) by funktionalart (Phoenix, AZ)        

funktionalart's profile picture
Tom, I think you nailed the attrib. on it :D

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

The Discuss-o-Mat has stopped, buzzer is sounding!!!
If you would like to reply to this thread please log-in...

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy