Thread Number: 81562  /  Tag: Vintage Automatic Washers
Washer or Dryer Part? FSP WP233186
[Down to Last]'s exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items
Post# 1055912   12/29/2019 at 18:21 (264 days old) by bigbobm (Kenosha Wisconsin)        


A few weeks back I was doing a cabinet job and found these parts above where the washer and dryer are located. The home owner had no idea what they were and said to toss them. Curiosity has gotten the better of me, a part number search didn't yield anything but I can see that it is some kind of transformer. Does anyone know what voltage is being transformed on these, and why there are two of them? Kind of fascinated by old parts and figuring out what they do and if they work. I'd like to be able to apply the correct voltage to one side and see what I get out of the other side.

I know its a long shot, but thought I would ask here. It appears to be part number FSP WP233186 with the FSP in a rhombus.

  Photos...       <              >      Photo 1 of 2         View Full Size

Post# 1055913 , Reply# 1   12/29/2019 at 18:36 (264 days old) by cfz2882 (Belle Fourche,SD)        
lamp ballasts

those are ballasts for small fluorescent lights,~12-15w, as used in lighted control panel-the germicidal lamps in some vintage dryers may have also used the same style ballast.

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

The Discuss-o-Mat has stopped, buzzer is sounding!!!
If you would like to reply to this thread please log-in...

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy