Thread Number: 306
Another Roto-Rack!
[Down to Last]'s exclusive eBay Watch:
scroll >>> for more items --- [As an eBay Partner, eBay may compensate if you make a purchase using any link to eBay on this page]
Post# 47227   10/17/2004 at 15:26 (7,117 days old) by gansky1 (Omaha, The Home of the TV Dinner!)        

gansky1's profile picture
Top loading - very cool...

They're popping up like popcorn this week!

CLICK HERE TO GO TO gansky1's LINK on eBay

Post# 47229 , Reply# 1   10/17/2004 at 15:29 (7,117 days old) by Unimatic1140 (Minneapolis)        

unimatic1140's profile picture
Wow, that machine looks like its in beautiful shape, from around 1965 or so.

Post# 47245 , Reply# 2   10/17/2004 at 17:53 (7,117 days old) by coldspot66 (Plymouth, Mass)        

This is the EXACT interior of our first 1967 Kenmore 600 dishwasher! Love,Love Love that roto-rack!!!!!!!!!!

Post# 47389 , Reply# 3   10/19/2004 at 08:19 (7,116 days old) by kenmore1978 ()        
LK 600 DW

Very similar to my '62 KM 600.

Does anyone know what those 2 tubes are that project from the back wall on the left side? Mine has two rubber plugs in those spots, always wondered what they were for.

Post# 47390 , Reply# 4   10/19/2004 at 08:21 (7,116 days old) by kenmore1978 ()        
rack design

I see they also went to the "Bed Of Nails" lower rack design. My '62 has the "circular" rack design. Detergent dispenser design changed, too

Post# 47391 , Reply# 5   10/19/2004 at 08:23 (7,116 days old) by kenmore1978 ()        
Bed Of Nails vs Circular lower rack design

No wonder the rack design changed, I just noticed that it has a lower spray arm, so sometime between 1962 and 1965 they went from the impeller design to the spray arm design.

Post# 47403 , Reply# 6   10/19/2004 at 10:39 (7,116 days old) by frontaloadotmy (the cool gay realm)        
this thread post#47389

projecting tubes prawly rinse agent filler & dispensomatic

Post# 47409 , Reply# 7   10/19/2004 at 13:08 (7,116 days old) by coldspot66 (Plymouth, Mass)        

Yes, you are correct. Those 2 protruding white tabs on the left side of the tub are for liquid Jet Dry. You unscrew the cap and there is a spout behind it to fill. The other tab below it is the outlet for the rinse aid. It dispenses during the last min or so of final rinse.

Post# 47458 , Reply# 8   10/20/2004 at 07:02 (7,115 days old) by kenmore1978 ()        
Rinse aid dispenser

Darn, now I'll feel deprived everytime I look at those rubber plugs in my machine. Oh well, thank goodness they still make the solid Jet Dry :-)

Forum Index:       Other Forums:                      

Comes to the Rescue!

The Discuss-o-Mat has stopped, buzzer is sounding!!!
If you would like to reply to this thread please log-in...

Discuss-O-MAT Log-In

New Members
Click Here To Sign Up.

Discuss-o-Mat Forums
Vintage Brochures, Service and Owners Manuals
Fun Vintage Washer Ephemera
See It Wash!
Video Downloads
Audio Downloads
Picture of the Day
Patent of the Day
Photos of our Collections
The Old Aberdeen Farm
Vintage Service Manuals
Vintage washer/dryer/dishwasher to sell?
Technical/service questions?
Looking for Parts?
Website related questions?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Policy
Our Privacy Policy